This will be my last post revolving around Yamaha Fz16. In this post I will be sharing with you my experiences with the dealers and the problems that I had with the bike.
After a week or so after the purchase of my bike I got a followup call from Yamaha, Delhi thanking me for my choice and enquiring about the dealer experience and such. The guy who called me spoke fluent Tamil. It showed me the effort put by Yamaha to ensure great customer service. Whenever I gave my bike for service I got a message from Yamaha asking for my feedback. This is the first time I am seeing followups from a automobile major. They were occassionally messaging
about how the bike is doing and the award won by it which is quite a few.
The bikes top speed is 111kmph (thanks to the digital speedo) with a really heavy pillion. (of course the slightly overweight me). So with a lighter rider and no pillion it would cross 115kmph. The bikes fuel efficiency is around 40-45. I know this is no big deal but who cares. The bike has the biggest rear wheel and handles perfectly just as any other Yamaha. Till date the bike gave me no problems and everything is working right.
The bike's self starter needs some tuning. It takes two to three stasts to get it right. Maybe this is because the bike's headlight and indicator lamps run fully on battery unlike some of it's competitors. The bike's pillion seat is really small and it would difficult to take it for really long ride's. Again I don't care. Once I experienced a problem which went like this, whenever I crossed 60kmph the bike struggled due to lack of adequate fuel supply(I thought so). When I took it to the dealer he opened the seat took the papers I kept underneath the seat and told me not to keep them under the seat.
The actual problem was that the air intake was affected by the papers. Silly me, had I read the manual more throughly. That's it folks I hope I have not bored you a lot with these stuff. I will try to come with somethings more interesting next time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment