This is the first of the series of posts that are to come revolving around my search for a bike and my experiences with it.
If you see my previous post you would have noticed that I waited for quite some time for the RTR FI. I was ecstatic when It was released and couldn't wait to lay my hands on it and I made frantic calls to dealers in my city and Chennai. The response was that It is yet to be relaesed and that if I book it today they will deliver it to me next month. I was confused. I saw people riding the bike and TVS was splurging on media advertising. I thought the dealers were upto something and called TVS hosur and thier chennai corporate office and was surprised when they insisted that the bike is yet to be released.
So I decided to wait. I waited for a month or so and called the dealers once again only to hear the same response all over again, "book today and it will be delivered to you the next month". I was seriously pissed. I was so excited by the RTR FI that I decided once again to wait. After 15 days or so I saw an advert for the FZ16 and was hooked. I was simply amazed by the looks and sheer prescence of it. Though it's performance was nowhere near the FI I decided to go for it. I called the dealers and booked the bike. I tried to get a discount pretty hard and they were reluctant to give me one. I have to wait for a month as their order book was overflowing and they were blown over by the demand and interest. I later learned that their production capacity was too low to meet the current demand and they are ramping the capacity.
I called the dealer after a fortnight and reminded him about the promised delivery date and offered to pay the full amount hoping that it will tempt him to deliver soon. But he (actually it is she) said that many customers were offering to pay full cost as advance and that they are not accepting it as they will be under huge pressure to deliver it quickly. Finally they called me on 24 th of november saying that I can get hold of my bike.
Hurrayyyy!!
More on next post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good afternoon friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that particular make. The prices seeking the boots were about 200 dollars everwhere. But for all I base this location selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what do you think?
Post a Comment